Search This Blog

20101017

Chilean Transcendence

To start with, I'm really happy for the miners. Their situation kept us all on edge and I'm glad it turned out for the better. I can certainly relate to the Chilean situation with the trapped miners, during the 8th August 1998 bomb blast in downtown Nairobi. A national tragedy made us all forget our petty differences and unite as citizens of one nation. Unfortunately, such moments are few and far between and in no time at all the nation will descend into its routine pettyisms.



Just like the Jewish nation and the Holocaust, I pray Chile experiences a never again moment that makes all Chileans find more commonness than differences. I don't harbor much hopes of these, but even fleeting moments from time to time will go a long way towards helping out in this regard.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments:

Post a Comment